Your Ad Here

Roberto Cavalli limited edition cell phone model

Total Pageviews

Friday, December 31, 2010

My case against my son – Saraki

Dr. Olusola Saraki, on Tuesday finally opened up on his disagreement with his son and incumbent governor of the state, Dr. Bukola Saraki.



The elder Saraki, who arrived the state on Monday night, spoke in his Ilorin family home while receiving the founder and presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, Gen. Muhammad Buhari (retd.).

Saraki, who was visibly angry at the turn of events in the last few weeks in the politics of the state, berated his son for “letting the political system loose for every idiot to start behaving like a tin god.”

Over 17 aspirants are currently jostling for the governorship of the state in 2007, among them commissioners in the cabinet of Governor Saraki, who had reportedly asked his aides to pick the nomination form in defiance of the position of his father who had adopted Senator Gbemi Saraki for the job.

The senior Saraki, who reminded his followers that he was not a member but a supporter of the Peoples Democratic Party, also refuted insinuations that he had defected to the CPC.

He said, “I have not declared for the CPC. I was only visited by the presidential aspirant of the party, Buhari, who told me about the network and strength of the party. The PDP is currently having some problems in Kwara. I do not like some of the things they are doing.”

“Let me also say that I am proud of the achievements of my son, but he has left the place (politics of the state) loose that any idiot is pretending to be a tin god. I am the leader in this state and everyone should be ready to follow me. I don’t even know some of these people.

“I am ashamed and sad that even in the PDP, there are over 12 aspirants. It has never happened. In this hall we take decisions on whom to support after due consultations. Bukola has left everything loose and all kinds of characters, even those that can’t even win councillorship elections are emerging. This is my quarrel with him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBC News - Entertainment & Arts

Follow Me on Twitter